Baking is such a nice relaxing thing to do and as we just had the longer Bank Holiday weekend here in the UK I thought I would bake a Lemon Drizzle Loaf from Tanya Burr’s baking book Tanya Bakes.
I have tried this loaf before and absolutely loved it so I thought I would write a quick post so you guys can try this bake yourselves!
170g Unsalted Butter ~ softened
170g Caster Sugar
170g Self-Raising Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
Zest of 2 Lemons
150g Icing Sugar
Juice of 2 Lemons
1. Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
2. Grease and line a loaf tin with butter and grease proof paper.
3. Add you butter and sugar into a mixing bowl and cream together until lighter in colour and fully combined.
4. Add in your eggs and mix until they are combined with the sugar and butter mixture.
5. Sieve in your flour, baking powder and the zest of 2 lemons and mix until combined and smooth in consistency.
6. Carefully pour your cake mix into your lined load tin and pop into your preheated oven.
The loaf is to be cooked for around 30-40 minutes. Check it after 30 and if it still doesn’t look done then keep baking until your skewer comes out clean! 🙂
7. Whilst your loaf is baking you can now make your drizzle! In a small dish add t your icing sugar and the juice of two lemons and mix until it is smooth and combined, this is supposed to be quite watery so don’t add any more icing sugar to it! 🙂
8. Once you have removed your loaf from the oven let it cool for around 15-20 minutes before adding your drizzle.
Whilst it is still in the tin make small holes in your cake with your skewer or a knife so the drizzle can soak in and then pour over your lemon drizzle and let it seep into the cake!
9. Make a cuppa and enjoy a beautiful lemon drizzle loaf! YUM! ❤
So there you have it guys, a quick and easy bake to do for your friends and family who will absolutely love tasting this gorgeous loaf! It is super simple and quick and most definitely satisfies my sweet tooth!
If you guys give this a go then let me know how you get on! 🙂